We are a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church. We are women who are trying to show God’s love and our love for God to our families, church, community and the world. All women are invited to join Baldwin Memorial United Methodist Church’s UMW. Please review our UMW 2017 Calendar and plan to attend any one of our events!
UMW Officers for 2017
President: T.J. Furlong
Vice Presidents: Debbie Tocknell & Janice Crowe
Secretaries: Vilma Peacock & Judy German
Treasurer: Debbie Snowberger
Program Resources: Linda Freeman
Spiritual Growth: Jean Bates (Devotions); Debbie Snowberger (Email Prayer Chain & Programs); Janice Crowe (Programs); Debbie Tocknell (Programs)
Education & Interpretation, Social Action: Mary Jane Knode (Education & Interpretation); Janice Terrett (Social Action); Becky Stephens (Social Action)
Membership, Nurture & Outreach: Margie Scruggs (Funeral Luncheons); Catherine Neiswander (cards); Jean Bate (cards)
Nominating: Margaret Sommerman, Chair; Circle leaders or designated person from each circle
Communications Coordinators: Janice Crowe (newspapers); Martha Preston (flyers); Jean Bates (flyers)
There are six circles who meet in member’s homes or at the church. These groups and their meeting times are:
- Deborah Circle – 3rd Tuesday (usually) at 11:00 AM in Circle members homes
- Leader: Janice Terrett, and Honorary Leader – Betty Irving
- Faith Circle – 1st Tuesday at 11:30 AM usually at Baldwin
- Co-leaders: Jean Bates & Mary Collins
- Hope Circle – 1st Wednesday at 9:30 AM usually at Baldwin
- Leader: Lisa Funk
- Love Circle – 2nd & 4th Wednesday at 7:00 PM at Baldwin; babysitting provided with prior notice.
- Leader: Laura Zlatos
- Susanna Wesley Circle – 3rd Saturday (usually) at 9:00 AM at Baldwin; babies and tots are welcome.
- Leader: Becky Stephens
- WISH Circle (Women in Service to Him) – 1st or 2nd Friday at 6:30 PM
If you are interested in joining a circle or would like information about UMW activities, please contact the church office, (410) 987-4273.